I cant help it D: I know I shouldnt update unless theres art with it but I must..write..review.
Final Fantasy 12
A game we've all been waiting for...Cinematics
- They were good..very exciting to get a nice fully rendered movie..I dont think the graphics are that much better than say..FFX but just the characters personalities made the movies that much better. Even the ingame little cutscenes were fun to watch.Story
- Im a sucker for political, war and airship type revolving stories
Last Exile, Gundam wing (though those were mecas...and not really airships)..so naturally I would flock to this game. Dont have a clue whats going on due to big words and old english accents...but I got the jist of it..
only problem was, I had absolutely no idea I was at the end of the game. I saw absolutely nothing in anything I was doing to hint that the game was nearly over...I only figured it out because I was scrolling through my online strategy guide of the boss fight that was coming up and it said "Thats it! this is the end of the game"...so that kinda bites.Characters
- These are the years of the pirate..ARrrr. Once you see Balthier your suddenly hooked into this game. Wonderful character personalitys. Even the "minor" characters like Al Cid and Larsa.
-----Voice Cast: =O I love it. Balthier once again..genious XD I was shocked by Frans voice at first expecting another lulu but then it wasnt. I did finally give into Frans charms when you saw the interaction between her and Balthier. And I thought Vaan and Penelos voices suited really well! Vaan is 10x better than Tidus and I just love that voice for him..really good job.
Ashe and Basche in my opinion were the 2 weak links
I gained much more like for Basche at the end of the game..but I still cant think Ashe is anything more than a fake british snob GamePlay
- Holy Cheese wiz. I eventually figured most of this dang system out. I had wished at first I had played FF11 on the PS2..then atleast I could possibly control the dangid camera. Its a bit frusterating at first. The gameplay is similar to that of FF11s, but still different. At first it feels slow and you keep wanting to button mash the attack button to make it go faster but once you get gambits and such its all the more easier to handle. Personally I didnt use Gambits for anything more than to attack anything close enough to me (forcing me to get exp and items), Curaga my pt members at 50% health and to set libra when it wore off. Those were all my Gambits and I lived didnt I?
Im a person where in dire situations the computer auto-doing it for me just isnt going to work and Ive got to main heal for my pt by myself
The system is not turn based. The monsters are on the world map and you either get aggro or engage them to get your exp. Which is something Im ok with and used to (yay FF11)
Espers (summons), where not used except for when the game forced me to pull them out. I thought they were useless.
Magic I rarely used as well, except for cures, buffs and debuffs
In fact, all my characters (except basche) were basically half whitemage XD They'd hack and slash and the person with the most magic would throw out cures to everybody else.
and Quickenings, are said to be extremely overpowerful. Kindof like limit breaks you can do if your full MP only. I rarely used quickenings..I couldnt chain them for the life of me and when I did use them (on esper battles) Id call my brother to come in and do them for me.
I was all hack and slash, the whole game. But thats good, required me to think less XD I really enjoyed this type of gameplay.Money Making
- My one frusteration. I know people sat there forever and complained about FF games "Why the frick are bunnies dropping money? are they carrying around a purse?" and in response, the game is suddenly "more realistic" a la FF11 as well. Nothing but humanoids drop gil
and the only way to actually get gil is to sell your loot. Wolf pelts and such
for a miniscule amount of gil which you will spend it all in mere seconds trying to update your equipment for your characters. And beware what you sell..if you plan on doing any extra side quests expecially. Some of those things you actually should hold on to.Sidequests
- This game is chock full of them. Wonderful sidequests <3 A big portion of it was doing hunts. You'd get and accept a report of a monster sighting and go after and kill this mob. They get harder and harder as their ranks go up..but it was fun stuff. Like like, NM hunting without the RMT
I didnt finish them all sadly
Fafnir kicked my butt and then I decided to go finish the game..yeah...I did most of them though.
Way worth it..by the end, even though I had read spoilers I was still going "NUUUU!" Best part of any FF game in my opinion are the ending cenematics...wonderful stuff there.
I cant wait for the sequal.
Final Fantasy 11
Job: 75RDM, 40whm, 38blm, 37drk, 20war, 9mnk, 8thf, 7brd, 7nin, 1bst, 1rng, 1smn, 1pld